Information on plans for conferences and meetings of the Southern African Society of Aquatic Scientists.
SASAqS 201528 June to 2 July: Water Resource Research, Policy and People.
Champagne Sports Resort in the Drakensburg, KwaZulu-Natal.
The conference will also host the Yellowfish Working Group conference.
Proposed themes include:
- Climate variability and ecosystem resilience.
- Ecological Infrastructure.
- Managing the impact of alien invasive species.
- Conservation of freshwater and estuarine species.
- New technologies, remote sensing electronic monitoring technologies.
- Surface water and groundwater interactions.
- Citizen science and adopt a river.
- Estuary management.
- Water Resource Classification and Resource Quality Objectives.
- Ecological risk assessments.
- Ecological Flow Requirement technologies.
- National Ecosystem Monitoring Programme.
- Reservoir monitoring and management.