Information on plans for conferences and meetings of the Southern African Society of Aquatic Scientists.
SASAqS 201528 June to 2 July: Water Resource Research, Policy and People.
Champagne Sports Resort in the Drakensburg, KwaZulu-Natal.
The conference will also host the Yellowfish Working Group conference.
- Alien invasive and extralimital species management.
- Benefit sharing in aquatic resource management.
- Citizen science and Adopt-A-River.
- Climate variability and ecosystem resilience.
- Conservation of freshwater and estuarine species.
- Ecological Infrastructure: ecosystems, services and people.
- Ecological risk assessments: multiple stressors and objectives in dynamic aquatic ecosystems.
- Ecosystem connectivity and the effects of barriers.
- Ecosystem rehabilitation and offsets.
- Estuary management: policies, procedures and people.
- Human capacity development with water resource management.
- Inland fishery management and fish harvesting for human consumption.
- Innovative techniques and technologies for aquatic ecosystem management.
- Productivity, trophic structures and aquatic food webs.
- Reservoir monitoring and management, the forgotten water resources.
- Resource Directed Measures for Water Resource Protection: successes and failures.
- River health Programme and the new National Ecosystem Monitoring Programme.
- Surface water and groundwater interactions, the new frontier.
- Understanding and managing the effects of flow alterations in rivers and estuaries.